In couple therapy we can help facilitate better communication based on empathy that will increase mutual validation, shared understanding, trust, security and comfort within your relationship as a couple or as a family. We have experience working with couples of various ages, different cultural/ social backgrounds and sexual orientations. We have special expertise in working with couples who are negotiating cultural differences in inter–cultural, inter-racial, or inter-faith relationships.
In couples therapy, we can help you:
- Understand more clearly each other’s emotions, so you can offer and receive support
- Recognize underlying reasons for your conflict
- Address negative interaction patterns
- Recover from difficult life events in a way that strengthens the relationship
- Learn how to repair and forgive injuries, such as infidelity
- Learn to renew love and build trust
- Enhance your emotional and physical closeness
- Resolve issues related to parenthood and parenting concerns
- Negotiate differences in cultural, racial, ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Negotiate the impact of families of origin on the relationship
- Affirm strengths in your relationship
- Improve your communication
We use Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) and Gottman Therapy. We will help you address the feelings that are usually the underlying reasons of a distressed relationship such as:
- Can you reach for your partner in your moments of need?
- Can you rely on your partner to respond to you when you need him / her emotionally?
- Will he /she be there for you?
- Will he/she stay close to you and value you ?
- Is he /she impacted by how you feel and what you say?
- Can you trust him/her?
- Are you important to him/her ?