How Can Relationship Counseling Help You?
Letting go of this brain clutter is like taking off two 20 pound ankle weights that you never knew you had on. Except, in this case, the weights were anchored onto your relationships and self-confidence.
- Social anxiety
- Self-esteem and confidence deficiencies
- Insecure attachment styles
- General relationship dissatisfaction
- Feeling overwhelmed
Different Sources of Relationship Dissatisfaction
Difficulty in Establishing Relationships
- Build confidence
- Understand who/what you are looking for
- Uncover negative self-preservation habits that are stifling your growth potential
Difficulty in Maintaining Satisfaction within Relationships
On the other hand, if your main concern about relationships is a recent string of failed relationships that left you unsatisfied, individual relationship counseling works in the same manner to regain control over your romances.
You more closely relate to individual Y, someone who has those same negative feelings, but finds no difficulty in finding relationships. Rather, when you find yourself in a relationship, you tend to disconnect with your inner self, forgetting your own needs and putting the needs of others ahead of your own. You might often find yourself putting more work into relationships than your partner(s).
You might take some time for yourself and realize that you have lost the love and respect for yourself that you once had. Your relationships tend to end in unhappiness and dissatisfaction. Counseling provides you the opportunity to take an objective look into your dating history.
- Types of partners do you find yourself attracted to
- Whether or not that type of person is good for you and your character
- Reasons why you are inclined to go for that type of partner
- How your past affects your partner-choosing process
- How your thoughts and actions contribute to these negative patterns
The Benefits of Relationship Counseling for Singles
First, the counselor will work with you to identify points of self-doubt and self-criticism that maybe plaguing your mind. From a newfound point of uncluttered thinking, your counselor will then work with you as a team to let go of the psychological weights pinning your psyche to the wall.
By speaking with you, a good relationship counselor knows how to identify the sources and causes of your relationship dissatisfactions.
You see, it does not matter whether you more closely relate to individual X or Y. Relationship counseling for singles provides you the setting in which you can watch your confidence skyrocket and your relationship strategies completely expand through well-studied psychological principles.
Through applying these principles in therapy and counseling, you can expect to:
- Accept that mistakes you make don’t take away from your worth or the fact that you deserve love
- Acknowledge how your past experiences shape your perception of yourself and how you fit into your relationships
- Learn to better understand and express your needs
- Recognize that feeling vulnerable is normal and a fertile ground for a healthy relationship
- Reflect on uncomfortable feelings to seek to understand them rather than running away from them
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Understand what triggers certain emotions
Beginning Relationship Counseling for Singles
If you are still wondering if individual relationship counseling is for you, asking yourself this question may help you make that decision for your relationship health: If not now, then When? If not healing through therapy then How?
No matter your race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, we here at Deep Connections Counseling are here to offer you the guidance and support you need. You can be rest assured that the nurturing of your self-understanding and your self-confidence by our counselors will help you develop a trust in your relationship abilities, capabilities, and judgement.
Our counselors have tremendous involvement and understanding with people of all types of minority and majority backgrounds, including ex-pats, military service members, immigrants, and individuals in the LGBTI+ community. They will help you explore your emotional foundation and history, build your confidence, and improve your communication skills, and boost your resilience.
Trying to find a meaningful and fulfilling relationship the same way that hasn’t worked in the past can land us in a frustrated state of mind that you might currently be in. Talk to us today to learn more about the journey of self-acceptance and profound relationships that you can be empowered to find today.
Isn’t it time that you rebuild satisfaction in your relationship life again? Meet our therapists to find the right match for you.